Thursday, August 25, 2011

Is this a caftan?








dress: resale from Chula Art
slip: thrifted
belt: Target
wedges: Dolce Vita for Target
necklace: Sway
bunny pin: Unpossible Cuts

And what exactly is a caftan? I don't really know but I feel like I should wear a turban when wearing one. I got this from a little resale stand at the Haight Street Art Walk a few weeks back. I like it but I am not sure that I like it on me. I've read a number of fellow bloggers who have discussed this same thought. Wearing things for fashion...because you like the item and it is a mean of expressing yourself, versus wearing things that look good on you and flatter your shape. I do not believe the two are mutually exclusive but at times I know I wear things that are not flattering. Maybe it's because I like the pattern or find the shape/cut unique. For me clothing is an expression and on days like today I just might be saying "Hey, look at me and this horribly unflattering caftan! I am on my way to find a matching turban so I can really turn heads!"

No comments:

Post a Comment