Saturday, January 19, 2013

my coral bathrobe




dress: Target
sheer thing: vintage
belt: Target
tights: Hue
wedges: Old Navy clearance
lotus necklace: [un]possible cuts    

I have to admit that within the past year I have finally come to appreciate comfy clothes and changing into pajamas after a grueling day at work. I never got this concept before. Truly. The little girl who longed to play dress up, but had nothing worth dressing up in was all encompassing and I really had no idea why anyone would want to waste their money on ugly shapeless, albeit comfortable, sweatpants. Recently though I have clued in. I bought a bright coral, fluffy, soft bathrobe last month and it is seriously my favorite article of clothing..."clothing." I put it on as soon as I get home and am more than a little sad that bathrobes are not acceptable outside of the house. I love it that much.

That being said, I got dressed in this today and I have nothing planned beyond hitting the grocery store and making this. I don't need an occasion to dress up and I've said this many times. This caftan thing is as close to a bathrobe as I can get away with, leaving the house. Though my fluffy, coral one will be the first thing I put on when I get home.

1 comment: