Saturday, February 16, 2013

what started it all





dress: H&M clearance
cardigan: Target (so old)
belt: Target
shoes: Lela Rose for Payless sale
mustache necklace: [un]possible cuts 

It has been totally feeling like spring lately. The days have been seriously validating why I live in California, so far away from my family. It has been in the 60's, sunny and gorgeous. Of course, at night the temp drops at night so I have to make sure I have a jacket and scarf with me but the days...so nice out!

I can't even believe that I was able to walk around and sit by the lake in this outfit and not get cold. I scurried home as the sun was setting but for a few hours I could pretend it was spring.

I am such a dork. I was in Walgreen's today and I ran into the very first blogger I ever followed. I got into blogging when one day I was fed up with fashion magazines and air brushed models and designers clothes that I could never afford. I thought that there must be something else out there for real people who shop clearance sections and like food. So I started googling and the first blog that I found was calivintage. Ironically, I found out much later, when I recognized her surroundings, that she lives in my neighborhood. So, her blog is what put me on the path that led to me starting my own blog. A year later, I did just that and while blogging is just a hobby for me, it has changed my life in many ways. Soooooo, this afternoon, I turned around in Walgreen's and found myself staring (open mouthed in surprise) at the blogger who started it all for me. She's a pretty much one of the B.F.D bloggers so I definitely wasn't going to gush to her about all of this or creep her out, but it was a pleasant surprise for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment