Wednesday, June 8, 2011

brighten up








dress: h&M resale
jacket: clearance at Nordstrom Rack
shoes: Zara
belt: Target

After a long stretch of being drawn to bright colors, lately I just realized I have been putting together outfits that are more drab. Hmmmm. It wasn't conscious but as I glance over the past week, that's the theme I see. Drab, dreary, blah. Today I felt like myself again. Both the dress and the jacket were clearance or resale purchases that I regretted. The jacket is too big and while I bought the dress thinking it would be a fun base piece to build outfits around; I have not been able to do much with it. They have been in the get-rid-of stack. I loved these two together. The jacket, when belted, hides the off shape of the dress and brightens up the look. The good news is I figured out how to wear these both. The bad news is that I now have to make room for them in my room with no closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment