Monday, July 11, 2011

on fashion










dress: Erin Featherston for Target resale
sweater: JCrew resale
tights: Old Navy
wedges: Seychelle's Hawk sale
blouse: Lauren Conrad from Kohl's sale
belt: Target

Today was a grey, cloudy, windy day and surprisingly I was ready for it. I have been missing my tights just a little bit. The weather obliged me with some chilly gloom and I jumped at the chance to layer up this dress. Admittedly this pairing of lavender ruffles and pink floral is not a safe combination. Heck, it isn't even a flattering but I really like it. Of course I love fashion for the obvious reason that when done well it can make you look wonderful. Who doesn't? But I think it is important to me, that I can push the limits of what is in style and what is my style. I try new things, mix things up. Sometimes it looks great, other times it looks awful.

There are so many outfits that never make it out the door. I try things on and discard them as obvious "no's" But then there are outfits like this one today, that I hesitate, unsure. Do I like it, do I not like it? The only way to be sure is to wear it. After 8 hours in an outfit you know for sure if it works or not. Even at the end of the day, there is still something I like about this outfit. Probably the over the top, girly aesthetic. But if I wear it again it will be tweaked because it wasn't quite right. Here's to playing dress up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment