Friday, August 22, 2014

bay area layering






dress: Betsy Johnson resale
scarf: Old Navy
jacket: Old Navy
boots: Seychelle
bird necklace: [un]possible cuts

Bay Area weather, while glorious and totally living up to the hype about California, was crazy. Everyday, even in the dead of summer, it would be cold in the morning. So I would leave the house for work all layered up. As the day progressed, I would shed layers like a flower losing petals. First the scarf would go, tossed over my chair. Then my jacket would be discarded and if I were wearing a heavier base piece like this little Betsy Johnson resale score, my hair would go up in a bun to get it off my neck. Then this process would repeat in reverse as the sun went down. Layers reapplied as the temp dropped with the setting sun. I have no idea what to do with all these layering skills here in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment