Wednesday, February 15, 2017

bump week 35




Happy Valentine's Day...yesterday when I took these photos. Right now, we just got back from a belated Valentine's dinner. We decided to go the day after to avoid the crowds. We don't do too much, no gifts. We exchange cards and he gets me flowers. He gets me flowers fairly often though, because he's sweet and know I like them.

Each week I feel so huge and yet each week I/she gets bigger and bigger. Happy to say I am still feeling good. I continue to battle the dreaded cankles, but I think I've figured out how to keep the swelling under control. I'm still trying to walk more, drink water, and put my feet up. In addition, I've tried to cut back on salt a bit. Anyone who knows me, know that I am a salt monster, so this has been key. I've also gotten compression socks and tights. While unattractive, in combination with all the other measures, they do help keep the swelling from reaching monstrous proportions.

Starting next week, I begin going for weekly appointments and sonograms. I am not sure that everyone gets sonograms weekly at this point. I think it might be because I am considered "advanced maternal age" or "elderly." Seriously my records say elderly. Trucking it from Frisco to Dallas every week, rush hour both ways is not going to be fun, but I am excited to be getting so close.

 sweatshirt: H&M mama clearance
jeans: Motherhood Maternity
ankle boots: Tom's 


1 comment: