Wednesday, February 2, 2011

the thing about updos

Yesterday never made it up. I was having issues. Here's my superficial problem...I love fancy, quirky updos. Messy, sleek, complicated, simple, whatever. I love them. I love playing around with my hair, trying to master them. I consider this a result of being raised by my mom, who could give a crap about hairstyles and had me doing my own pigtails as soon as I could grip the brush.I'm pretty good with hair. The kicker is that updos look awful on me! I do not have the face shape or hairline or head size for updos. Boo life's cruel sense of humor! After almost 30 years I pretty much know what looks good on me and what doesn't (okay I am still learning) and hair up = look stupid. I know this, yet I never give up trying to find styles that look good on me. I came across this awesome twisted braid look on Sidewalk Ready and was obsessed! After numerous attempts I finally was able to coax my locks into a semblance of her awesomeness. However, while it looked amazing, it did not look amazing on me (sad face).

Anywho, I took photos and selected the one where the angle was more flattering. All of the ones where my head looks abnormally large for my body, were sent to the recycle bin, never to see the light of your computer screen. Your welcome.










dress: vintage from New Bohemia
cardigan/belt: Target
tights: Kohl's
boots: Seychelle's

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing
    very good results. If you know of any please share. Many thanks!


    Here is my web site; hair loss

    ReplyDelete