Tuesday, November 22, 2011

color outside the lines

When I think of fall colors, I think of the shades of falling leaves and crackling fires. Oranges, browns, reds, deep, rich, warm colors. A bright coral...not your typical fall color. But I have to be honest, with style, I love breaking rules. In my day to day life, I will be the first to label myself a rule follower. But with my clothes, I like to break the rules, color outside the lines. I bought this dress resale the other day. It is not a fall dress and that is doubtless why it remained on the racks. I can see no other reason an Anthropologie dress with the tags still on would not be scooped up. The color and material scream spring or summer. I almost passed it up but I bought it and like many other items (I'm talking to you ballerina skirt and ugly plaid skirt) this dress is now a challenge to me. I will make it work in the fall. Round one...





dress: Anthropologie resale
wrap: Chico's gift from Aunt Kathryn
tights: Kohl's 
belt: Target
shoes: BCBG from Nordstron Rack
necklace: Unpossible Cuts

No comments:

Post a Comment