Monday, January 16, 2012

This time last year

So the one year anniversary of my blog came and went with out me even noticing. There was once a time that I was good with birthdays...but then (shrug). I also, passed on doing an recap of 2011. Instead I thought I might try working in a "this time last year" feature. It would give me a chance to possibly reflect on what I was doing and what I was wearing the previous year.

This time last year I posted
Round 3 with the Ballerina Skirt

Oh, that frilly little pink skirt. I still have it but haven't felt any interest in wearing it. In hindsight I can't believe I wore it to school, it's pretty short. That skirt was the piece that sparked the idea of challenging myself to find ways to wear un-wearable items. Items that seem inappropriate or unflattering but that I like for what ever reason. I think I totally showed this ballerina skirt whose boss.
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
In that same post I talked about celebrating my friend Sarah (and Scott and Matt's) birthdays.  My roommate and I went to PikaPika in Japantown to take silly photos to make a birthday card. Obsessed doesn't begin to explain how much I love me some pikapika. (Kyoko, when are you coming back? A trip to Japantown is needed!) Then after getting all dolled up for the party, we took more silly photos. That skirt was crazy short as well. I must have been going through some kind of phase with the mini skirts.

I hope you enjoyed reflecting back on last year with me. Short skirts and silly photos = good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment