Thursday, May 26, 2011

love wins it











I thought that I love/hated this dress but I have decided that I love it. It needs some TLC as it was a $10 vintage find and I have had it for a year now. The elastic in the waist is shot, which is messing up the pleating on the front and therefore jacking up the whole shape of the dress. The color is so beautiful. Anytime I wear this, I feel like I have an extra spring in my step. It is such a lady-like dress with the high collar and tulip sleeves. Can you just picture me prancing down the hallways with my class trailing after me like little ducklings? Sashaying like the little lady I am.

Sadly, this is not an accurate portrayal. I don't really sashay. And my class is rarely a neat line of ducklings, trailing meekly. Instead, picture me... herding cats...in this dress...and heels. Yup, now you've got it. My life. Lord help me. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I love this dress! I think the pattern and color are really beautiful! What do the sleeves look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are tulip sleeves. You can see the sleeves in this entry.
    http://aubsent-from-tx.blogspot.com/2011/01/periwinkle-pleats-gone-wrong.html

    Thanks ladies!
    Aubrey

    ReplyDelete