Monday, May 2, 2011

stalker







dress: Tracy Feith for Target on sale
shoes: Target
petticoat: Antique fair

Yesterday I went to the Alameda Antique Fair, which is a HUGE sprawling orgy of amazing, junk, set up on an old deserted naval base, overlooking the bay. It's seriously gi-normous and set on a peninsula of land, bordered by water and huge old navy ships. It was my first time to go and I had so much fun. My first and only purchase (besides a over sized bag of kettle korn) was an amazing colorful petticoat. I saw it and began jumping up and down. Then the woman selling it let me try it on and once I pulled it under my dress I promptly spun in giddy circles of happiness! Such a ridiculous, unnecessary purchased but soooooooo fun!!!

Also, while strolling the aisles I saw these two, tall striking woman in adorable vintage dresses. As I was admiring their style I realized I recognized one of them! I follow their blog! It was like seeing a celebrity. I kind of wanted to say hello and tell them I enjoy their blog but was too shy. I thought about how much I would love it if the positions were reversed but the shyness was too much. Of course they were going in the same direction as us and for the next hour we passed them in every aisle. Such a small world.

2 comments:

  1. Such a good vintage find! I've always wanted a good petticoat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap!!! that petticoat is so freaking amazing! i'm orange and brown and yellow and white and twirly with envy :)

    ReplyDelete