Thursday, November 25, 2010

Inspired by: Orchid Grey

Every Thursday I am going to try to post an outfit inspired by one of the lovely, fashionable ladies I follow online.

I was so excited about this and couldn't wait for Thursday. I loved an outfit worn by Julie of Orchid Grey last week and I had been seeing similar little ballerina skirts all over the place. I finally bought one and couldn't wait to wear it. Then Thursday rolled around and I got dressed and this outfit looked great in the mirror. Adorable. But when I went outside to take pictures, it looked awful on the camera! Boo! Everything about it. The sweater, the thick belt, the color of the tights, the socks, the shoes. Just all around bad choices. I added a scarf and liked it a bit more. I should have started from scratch but it was Thanksgiving and I was super late for dinner at my roommate's family house. No time. I just wore it and felt blah.

I feel like there should be a lesson here but I have no idea what it is. This ballerina skirt and I are not friends. This is a challenge now. I am going to find a way to wear it. Another day, another outfit.

ballarina skirt:1 Aubrey: 0







I made creme brulee cupcakes and also chocolate pumpkin with merengue frosting

Skirt, Belt, Cardigan: Target
Camisole: American Eagle
Tights, Socks: Kohl's
Scarf: gift
Necklace: shop in Berkeley
Boots: Seychelles

1 comment:

  1. I'm so flattered that you chose me for inspiration, thank you! I think your version is super cute!

    ReplyDelete